If you are looking for some holiday excitement and memorable experiences, Arlington is sure to be your destination again this year. In fact, you should plan for an entire afternoon, evening and night in the city’s expansive entertainment district.
The Texas Christkindl Market is returning for its eighth year, and this time you will find it in the plaza of the amazing Texas Live! complex right between the big sports venues of Globe Life Park and AT&T Stadium.
Celebrating the season “German style” has become a regional tradition here where you will find shopping, great food, and lots of fun for everyone.
Inspired by a cherished German tradition that is enhanced by the city’s 60-year sister city relationship with Bad Konigshofen, Germany, this family-friendly market features a unique shopping experience for holiday gifts, decorations and one-of-a-kind treasures.
There are handcrafted gifts for everyone on your list, authentic German gifts and collectibles – all anchored by the extraordinary experience inside the world-renown Kathe Wohlfahrt storehouse from Rothenberg, Germany.
There will be hot chocolate and hot spiced Gluhwein along with German fare favorites like bratwurst and strudel.
Admission is free, and it all takes place from the day after Thanksgiving until the day before Christmas Eve.
Back by popular demand and this year inside Globe Life Park is Enchant Christmas. It will once again illuminate North Texas skies with its World’s Largest Christmas Light Maze & Market.
Last year, more than 250,000 people unwrapped a new holiday tradition at the most scenic wonderland in Texas. This year, the family tradition features a new heart-warming theme, an updated adventure in the light maze, and a larger, dazzling Artisans’ Market.
The Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau describes what awaits visitors for this year’s extravaganza:
● The World’s Largest Holiday Light Maze – Based on the children’s storybook “Eddie – The Mischievous Elf,” written by Leanne Johnston, the maze will have guests hunting through the lights to find lost presents! If you help Santa save Christmas, you’ll be rewarded with a special “thank you.”
● Enchant Christmas Artisans’ Market – Our Holiday Market is expanding into the concourse halls of Globe Life Park, with room for up to 100 local artists and businesses. Stroll under a spectacular overhead lighting display while you shop for gifts like home decor, jewelry, holiday sweets and more!
● All-New Skating Trail – Glide down our magical ice skating trail, which takes you through the brilliant light displays. An experience like no other in North Texas! Rent a pair of skates for instant family fun – or a romantic date!
● VIP Experiences – New for 2018, the luxury suites of Globe Life Park can be reserved for private, VIP experiences. Groups can enjoy all the fun of Enchant, along with fine dining with festive foods while overlooking the magical wonderland located on the field. The VIP outing is perfect for corporate holiday parties, family reunions, church functions, and more. To book your Enchant Holiday party at Globe Life Park, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-273-5224.
● Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus Appearances Nightly – No matter if you’re young or young-at-heart, visit with Santa and tell him your Christmas wishes. Then, enjoy a special story time as Mrs. Claus reads her favorite holiday stories.
● Eat & Drink – Relax and enjoy holiday-themed food and drinks that are sure to please everyone.
● Main Stage – Enjoy nightly live music and entertainment.
In collaboration with the Texas Rangers, Enchant Christmas lights the Texas skies Nov. 23 through Dec. 30. Hours of operation to be announced soon, so check the all-inclusive website for details – enchantchristmas.com/arlington.
Richard Greene served as Arlington’s mayor from 1987-1997. He currently teaches in the University of Texas at Arlington’s graduate program in the College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs.