- This event has passed.
EpicFest/Kumbia Kings/Sister Hazel
September 21, 2018 @ 9:00 pm - September 22, 2018 @ 11:30 pm
The City of Grand Prairie Parks, Arts and Recreation Department is hosting the first-ever EpicFest: A Festival of Nature, Culture and Arts, a free, family-friendly festival happening on the grounds of EpicCentral Grand Prairie (formerly Grand Central).
The event will include a beautiful monarch butterfly release, multi-cultural performances on the Rotary International Stage and other live entertainment, lawn games, food and beer gardens (purchase required) and more, including headline performances by the Kumbia Kings All Starz (Friday at 9 p.m.) and Sister Hazel (Saturday at 9:30 p.m.). Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome.
EpicFest guests can also learn more about exciting new developments at EpicCentral, including the upcoming opening of The Epic recreation center and the GrandLawn concert venue, as well as information about cultural opportunities and community resources available in Grand Prairie.
You might also want to bring your swim gear and visit the new Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark, featuring thrilling waterslides, a children’s area, and the longest indoor lazy river in Texas. (Paid admission required – online purchase in advance recommended.)
– Admission: Free event (including free music concerts)
– Date and Time: Friday and Saturday, September 21-22 (5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.)
– Location: EpicCentral, 2960 Epic Place (formerly known as GrandCentral) and the new Grand Lawn Amphitheater
– Flight of the Monarch butterfly release
– Free concerts, including headline acts the Kumbia Kings and Sister Hazel. Also included in the weekend lineup are The Tejas Brothers, Monica Saldivar, Cleghorn, Bird Dogs, Petty Theft, and many others.
– Lawn games
– Food and beer gardens [purchase required].
For more information, visit EpicFestGP.com