As Arlington Parks and Recreation Department aquatic facilities gear for summer season openings this month and next, May seems the ideal time to dip a toe in the local water, as it were.
The city recently released its “2017 Summer Aquatics Guide,” which contains all you need to know about the best ways (and times and places) to enjoy city facilities over the next few months.
The guide covers special summer events, pool rental procedures, aquatic swim passes, pool hours and pricing, a splash pad guide, special instruction classes, swim classes, and registration information – and has a complete schedule for swim lessons at all the city pools.
To help residents get ready for the summer season, the first special summer event is a “Dive In Movie” at Randol Mill Pool, where the family movie “Finding Dory” will be shown at 8:30 p.m. on July 14. Admission is $6 for folks under 48 inches and $6.50 for those 48 inches and up. Pre-registration is required through the website listed at the bottom of this story.
City pools are also offering a number of fun and healthy special promos and special events throughout the summer. Here are some of the highlights:
- Two for Tuesday: Families can get two members in for the price of one at all city pools (except Helen Wessler Play Pool).
- Throw Back Thursday: Patrons can get $2 off admission prices at Bad Köngshofen and Randol Mill pools every Thursday.
- $1 Hot Dog Fridays: On every Friday during the summer swim season, Arlington residents can get a hot dog for $1 at Allen Bolden, Bad Königshofen, and Randol Mill.
- Memorial Day Military
Discount: Those serving in the United States Armed Forces can present your Military ID to receive half off
admission on May 27.
- Father’s Day Celebration: On June 18, Dads will receive free admission at all city pools with a purchase of a child’s admission.
- Back to School Splash: From July 31-Aug. 13, local students can bring a new school supply to help disadvantaged students and receive half off admission prices. To find out what supplies are needed, visit missionarlington.org.
- Dive into the Library Reading Club: Each child who earns an Arlington Public Library reading club certificate will get a
free swim pass good for one free admission at any City of Arlington Pool. The pass can be used Monday through Thursday between June 5-Aug. 11. Additional family members will receive $1 off the regular admission price as part of this promotion. For more information on the Library Reading Club passes, call (817) 459-6900.
For general information about summer fun and healthy opportunities at Arlington aquatic centers, visit the Parks and Recreation Department website, naturallyfun.org.